Under Armour Unveils an Update of the Speedform Gemini Smart Shoe
Wear it to run long (neutral) - The latest iteration in the Gemini family, this shoe includes a knit midfoot panel support for great lockdown, UA SpeedForm construction for a precision fit and Charged Cushioning® for improved responsiveness and durability.
MapMyRun exclusively powers the new line of connected footwear with a new performance feature called the Jump Test, which scientifically measures and elevates the awareness of an athlete's muscular fatigue level. Once connected to MapMyRun, the technology embedded in the shoes will measure and average the air time of a sequence of jumps as an indicator of muscle fatigue. This mechanism helps track an athlete's recovery status over time and provides immediate guidance on how to alter the intensity of a workout. The new MapMyRun experience also includes a runner's dashboard, performance scorecard, and gear snapshot with the shoe's total mileage, steps, and average cadence while training.
"We are taking a scientific approach to recovery that is directly utilizing real-time data from your body to determine what level of workout you should execute to guide your training," said Mike Lee, Chief Digital Officer at Under Armour. "We know one of the biggest problems runners face is pushing through pain and fatigue, leading to injury. The Jump Test in MapMyRun is a critical first step for runners and will help avoid the 'training hangover' many athletes face by giving them awareness into their ability to perform."
Our ultimate long-distance running shoe has reached its third evolution. This lightweight, neutral shoe is built on a premium, ultra-cushioned midsole for unmatched comfort.
- Innovative UA SpeedForm® construction molds to the foot for a precision fit, eliminating all distraction
- Threadborne midfoot panel provides structure & distinct style
- Engineered mesh used on the tongue & toe box to enhance fit & increase ventilation
- Internal heel counter provides seamless, lightweight support & structure
- Embedded sockliner for added cushioning, support & seamless comfort
- Charged Cushioning® midsole uses compressed foam for even greater responsiveness & durability, providing optimal cushioning & energy return
- Micro G® heel unit increases protection & stabilization
- Blown rubber under the forefoot is lightweight yet incredibly responsive
- High-abrasion rubber placed under the heel to help absorb ground contact
- Offset: 8 mm
- Weight: 9.85 oz.
For South East Asian Customers, please click on http://www.underarmour.com.sg/en-sg/mens-ua-speedform-gemini-3-running-shoes/1285652.html
About Under Armour
Under Armour, the originator of performance footwear, apparel and equipment, revolutionized how athletes across the world dress. Designed to make all athletes better, the brand's innovative products are sold worldwide to athletes at all levels. The Under Armour Connected Fitness™ platform powers the world's largest digital health and fitness community through a suite of applications: UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo and MyFitnessPal. The Under Armour global headquarters is in Baltimore, Maryland. For further information, please visit the Company's website at www.uabiz.com.