NTT Subic Bay International Triathlon
It's 5 EVENTS IN ONE!
1. Asia Cup 2017 Series Event - Under the supervision of ITU and ASTC. Top local and international elite athletes get ITU points for Asian and world ranking, and qualification to major international competitions.
2. National Age-Group Championships – Champions of the Age Group Women and Men will be sponsored by TRAP to an Asia Cup 2017 Series Event. 2nd and 3rd place over-all age group women and men will get free registration to the same event, tax exemption, assistance in visa processing, coordination with LOC regarding transportation and hotel accommodation. Top 20 over-all age group finishers will be endorsed by TRAP. Only finishers in SuBIT 2017 are qualified to be endorsed by TRAP to this event.
3. Age Group Select Men – now on it’s 2nd year. The first-of-its-kind category only at SuBIT 2017. Open for Philippine residents only. Racers in this category will:
have their own separate smaller wave and transition section.
be announced (name/team name) and lined up individually just like the elites.
enjoy a draft-legal bike leg with their own escorts **Road bike with short and bridged aerobar
(ITU Compliant). No tri bike.
use the same course as the Men & Women Elite.
may still count their race times as eligible for the team competition; Team Time = top 2 AG Select + top 2 male + top female.
enjoy early bird rate.
- be eligible for prizes.
4. Inter-Club Competition - Top 3 finishers will be declared the National Triathlon Club Champion and runners- up.
5. National Triathlon Try-Outs - Excellent and promising performers will be qualified and considered in the National Pool and will have the opportunity to represent the Philippines in international competitions. Slots are open in all categories, including Junior, U23 and Elite Open.
Elite Open; U23 Elite, Junior Elite (16~19): open only to athletes entered by their NFs through ITU.
Age Group Select Men: open only to athletes with a time of 2.27 or faster for a standard distance.
Age Group Sprint, Men & Women: 16~19, 20~29, 30~39, 40~49, 50 & over
Age Group Standard Distance Men: 18~19, 20~24, 25~29, 30~34, 35~39, 40~44, 45~49, 50~54, 55~59, 60 & over
Age Group Standard Distance Women: 18~24, 25~29, 30~34, 35~39, 40-44; 45-49; 50 & over Inter-Club Competition: for age groupers in the standard distance
Mini Sprint: 13~15 years old and adults
Standard Relay (Standard distance, 2 or 3 members per team)
- Each triathlon club may field one or more teams composed of 5 members each, with at least 1 female. 4-member teams are also accepted. Only 2 of a club’s teams are qualified for the Top 3 podium awards.
- We will automatically get the time of the best 4 male (2 AG Select, 2 AG) plus the time of one female member.
If a club has more than 1 team, we will automatically get for their second team, the 5th -8th best male time of their club and the 2nd best female AG time.
Only age groupers are eligible for this race.
Current members of the National Triathlon and Duathlon Teams are not allowed to join the Inter Club Competition.
Filipinos who are not current members of the National Triathlon and Duathlon Teams but joined a race as Filipino Elite are also not allowed to join.
Drafting in the bike leg is not allowed.
Team members are still qualified for individual awards.
DNF (did not finish) will be assigned a default time of 4:00:00, in case less than 4 members and/or no female finishes.
Each of the 5 members of the top 3 teams (maximum of 2 teams from the same club) gets a medal.
All members must put their team name when they register as individual entries.
There are no additional separate fees for team entries.
Team Captains must attend a Captain’s Meeting after the race briefing on Saturday, 29 April
STANDARD RELAY GUIDELINES
- Each relay team will be composed of 2 or 3 members, with each member doing one or two legs
- The timing chip must be transferred to the next athlete in T1 & T2 at the team’s spot in transition.
RACE COURSE DESCRIPTION
- The swim for the Standard Distance will be 1 lap at ACEA Subic Bay (formerly Sands of Triboa) at the far end of Subic Airport.
- Transition will be just outside ACEA Subic Bay along San Bernardino St.
- The bike route for the Elite and AG Select will be an out and back through the rolling hills of Corregidor Road (going to Ocean Adventure) before heading towards the flat roads of Argonaut Highway and Rizal Highway (Subic Yacht Club). After completing 1 loop at the corner of Corregidor and Argonaut, head back to Rizal Highway then turn left at Burgos St.(Remy Field) to T2.
- Regular AG
- It'll be a fast and flat course for our Age Groupers. After coming out of San Bernardino (T1), turn left at Argonaut Highway going to Rizal Highway (Subic Yacht Club) before making a U-Turn at the corner of Aim High Ave. (Road going to Subic Convention Center) and back to Argonaut and San Bernardo Rd. After completing two(2) loops, pass Argonaut and Rizal Highway again and head straight to T2 at Burgos St.(Remy Field)
- The run will be a 3-loop course. Racers will go around the Remy Field Track every lap of the run.
APRIL 28, FRIDAY:
APRIL 29, SATURDAY:
APRIL 30, 2017
10% discount for TRAP-registered athletes; 20% discount for students (except for 13-15 Mini- Sprint) and senior citizens. Only one type of discount applies. Paid fees are non-refundable, non-transferrable and not applicable for future races.
Fees will cover cost of participation, race packet, finisher’s shirt, finisher’s medal, rental of timing chip, and post-race brunch. Plus, pre-race carbo loading buffet on Saturday evening for all Standard Distance participants.
For ONLINE registration paying via Credit Card go to https://regonline.activeglobal.com/subit2017
For ONLINE registration paying through Bank Deposit via PNB (Triathlon Association of the Philippines - C/A No. 1002-3310-0013)
Bank of Commerce (Triathlon Association of the Philippines - C/A No. 066-000011755)
The waiver will be signed at the Secretariat in Subic Bay Freeport.
For registration concerns, hotel bookings and airport transfers, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized by the Triathlon Association of the Philippines (TRAP) in cooperation with the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA). Sanctioned by the Asian Triathlon Confederation (ASTC) and the International Triathlon Union (ITU)
EVENT SPONSORS, SUPPORTERS AND MEDIA PARTNERS:
Co-presented by: Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) Tourism Department and Philippine Sports Commission. Sponsored by: Standard Insurance, Gatorade and Asian Center for Insulation.
EVENT SPONSORSHIP AND MEDIA PARTNERHSIP:
Please contact Sarita T. Zafra of Chili Grass. Email: email@example.com
Race Photos by Pet Salvador can be viewed here