Century Tuna Ironman 70.3
About Subic Bay, Philippines
Bounded on three sides by a mountain range, and endowed with a deep natural harbor, Subic Bay was once the home base of the U.S. naval forces in the Pacific. It was America's largest naval installation outside the United States, until it was turned over to the Philippine government in 1992.
All that sand and sea have not gone to waste, as Subic Bay is now a premier holiday destination for visitors from all over the world. They come for its pristine beaches, first-rate amenities and friendly services. In fact the waters and beaches of Subic Bay feature attractions for all types of folks: miles of fine sand and calm waters for beach lovers and picnickers, spectacular corals and underwater fauna for divers and snorkelers, mysterious sunken wrecks for history aficionados, and even choice spots for a relaxing afternoon of fly fishing.
But there's more to Subic Bay than sun-drenched shores. Its blessed location at the foothills of the Zambales mountain range has given it lush tracts of preserved tropical forest, which have become favorite venues for eco-tourism activities and sports events. U.S. Marines used to hone their jungle-survival skills in these mountains, trained by local indigenous people called the Aetas who have learned to live in harmony with their natural environment.
Subic Bay is one of the best places to train and tri in the Philippines.
SOCIAL MEDIA TAGS
Be updated on everything about the upcoming 2016 Century Tuna IRONMAN 70.3 Subic Bay! Connect to our social media accounts and check out our official website!
Keep us abreast with what's happening to by including the official hashtags in your posts!
The 1.9 kilometer swim will start and end in Acea Beach in Subic Bay. T1 will be right across the swim exit at Acea Subic Nay Parking. The 90 km bike course will take participants in the different roads and highways in and out of the area. Participants will then head towards Subic Bay Exhibition and Convention Center (SBECC) where T2 will be located. The run will be heading towards the New Container Terminal (NCT), heading back to SBECC for the finish line.
VERY IMPORTANT REMINDERS FROM THE ORGANIZERS
1. Registration at the Subic Bay Exhibition and Convention Center (SBECC) with the following schedule. Please take note of the cut-off time for registration and bike check-in activities. A LATE CHECK-IN ARRANGEMENT is available on Saturday, for a fee, for those who will be unable to make it to the regular schedule.
2. Please bring at least 1 Government Issued ID (with picture and signature). Race kit will not be released without presenting proper identification card. We also recommend that you bring additional ID cards just in case there is a need for further identification.
3. Race kits will only be released to the actual participants. Authorization letters will not be honored.
4. Race kits must be used by the registered participant only. Passing your registration without proper notification to the organizing committee will mean 5 Years BAN to ALL Sunrise Events, Inc. races.
5. NO Tyvec, NO Seat Post Sticker, NO Top Tube Sticker, NO Bike Check–In.
6. For Relay Teams, all team members must be present during the registration. Race kits will not be released unless everyone is present to sign the waiver as a group.
7. For your additional convenience, please visit our website´s Athlete Information Page at www.ironman703subicbay.comto get your race number. This is the first question that you will be asked upon entering the registration area.
8. Participants must register first before availing of the carbo load dinner. Bands will be checked at the entrance of the buffet area.
9. Transition area and Bike check in opens on Saturday. A LATE CHECK-IN ARRANGEMENT is available on Saturday, for a fee, for those who will be unable to make it to the regular schedule. This will be held at the Subic Bay Exhibition and Convention Center (SBECC).
10. Bike Check out will be on Sunday. Only participants may get their bike.
FinisherPix will be at the Century Tuna IRONMAN 70.3 Philippines to cover your race. 24 – 48 hours after the end of the race your personal race photos will be available here: http://www.finisherpix.com/e/1855
FREE: Your photos on your timeline with the FinisherPix Facebook App!
With the FinisherPix-Facebook-App a selection of your personal race images will be automatically and FREE posted to your Facebook timeline as soon as the photos are available. Simply click on the link (https://apps.facebook.com/finisherpix-ironman ), type in your BIB-number and accept the installation of the app in your profile.
YOUR BEST PHOTOS!
• Notice our photo spots and smile into the camera – even if it hurts. J
• Please be sure you have your number visible at all times
• Smile & celebrate when you cross the finish line!
FURTHER INFO AND CONTACLREADY CONNECTED?